[netCDF #JUL-394294]: Support for RandomAccessFile in C++

Hi Kent,

> Operating System: Windows7 64

> I am using the RandomAccessFile class in netcdf-2.2.22 for java to
> write data files.  I would like to be able to read these files from a
> C++ application.  Is there version of netcdf for C++ that would enable
> me to do this?

We make available pre-built netCDF C liraries for Windows that could read
those files:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/winbin.html

However, we don't have any pre-built C++ libraries for Windows, so you
would have to build those from sources.  There are two C++ library versions,
a legacy release for netCDF-3 that was developed before namespaces and
exceptions were standardized, and a more recent netCDF-4 release, that has
an actively supported version on GitHub.  You can access sources for either
version here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

--Russ

Ticket ID: JUL-394294