[netCDF #IYS-276599]: 'netcdf.h' error even though I set CPPFLAGS

Hi Ravi,

This appears to be the same problem as the previous attempt to install netCDF
Fortran.  You have to install the netCDF C library first, then you can build
and install the netCDF Fortran library, which depends on it.

--Russ

> I am getting an error while doing a './configure --prefix=....' installing
> NETCDF. I read on forums that not setting CPPFLAGS is one cause. But I *am*
> setting CPPFLAGS, as can be seen in the attached config.log file. I have no
> idea why it is still giving the following error. I used 'export
> CPPFLAGS=-I/.....'.
> Thanks
> Ravi

> configure: checking types, headers, and functions
> checking netcdf.h usability... no
> checking netcdf.h presence... no
> checking for netcdf.h... no
> configure: error: netcdf.h could not be found. Please set CPPFLAGS.

Ticket ID: IYS-276599
Department: Support netCDF