[netCDF #OEU-375582]: netcdf C++4 API - destructor error message

Hi Klaus,

Thanks for reporting the problem and providing an example that lets
us reproduce the bug here.  The issue will be tracked here:

  https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCCPP-6

--Russ

> I am working with the new C++ API of NetCDF (githup -clone version from
> today: 2014/01/02).
> If I declare an empty NcFile object without using it further in the
> code, the destructor creates an error message.
> Although it makes no sense to have such an object (I just forgot it
> somewhere in my code), I would not expect this error message from the
> destructor in this case.
> An example code:
>
> ----
> #include <netcdf>
> #include <iostream>
>
> using namespace std;
> using namespace netCDF;
>
> int main (void)
> {
> NcFile ncf;
> cout << "Leaving" << endl;
> return 0;
> }
> ---
>
> Output of this program is:
>
> -------
> Leaving
> NcBadId: Not a netcdf id
> file: ncFile.cpp  line:20
> -------
>
> The last 2 lines are from the destructor.
>
> This is not really an issue, just an unexpected behaviour.
>
> best regards
>
> Klaus

Ticket ID: OEU-375582
Department: Support netCDF