[netCDF #ZAP-332278]: address@hidden

Kamal,

> I reinstalled Netcdf library with mpicc and it went sucessfully
>
> then I tried to install Fortran library with mpif90
> along with CFLAGS = - Dgfortran
>

> I am getting the same error as before when I do Make Check.

Please send the "config.log" file created by the netcdf-fortran
configure script that you ran before invoking "make check".

Also, note that if you are installing the netCDF C library in
a directory not searched by default, you will need to set the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable before building the netCDF
Fortran library, as instructed here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [nf_test] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/kamal/local_lib/source/netcdf-fortran-4.2/nf_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/kamal/local_lib/source/netcdf-fortran-4.2/nf_test'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> could you please help me fix this.
>

> Thank you.
>
> Kamal
>

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Kamal,
> >
> > > I Installed the C libraries of NetCDF along with zlib and HDF5 which was
> > > successful.
> > > Later I tried to Install Fortran libraries to get 'netcdf.mod' so I did
> > >
> > > make distclean
> > > CXX=""
> > > FC=/usr/local/bin/mpif90
> > > FFLAGS='-mcmodel=medium'
> > >
> > > export CXX FC FFLAGS
> > >

> > > CPPFLAGS=-I/home/kamal/local_lib/include
> > > LDFLAGS=-L/home/kamal/local_lib/lib ./configure
> > > --prefix=/home/kamal/local_lib
> > >
> > > make
> > > make check
> > >

> > > but I get error saying ' undefined reference to `nf_create_' and many
> > > more, I have attached OUT file to this mail.
> > >

> > > when I run the same command with gfortran complier it gets installed
> > > successfully.
> >
> > I think you must use mpicc to build the netCDF library if you are
> > going to use mpif90 for the Fortran library.
> >
> > Also, if you are building with parallel I/O using wrappers such as
> > mpicc and mpif90, you sometimes have to set CFLAGS to indicate which
> > Fortran compiler is wrapped by mpif90. For example, if "mpicc --show"
> > and "mpif90 --show" indicate gcc and gfortran are being used, then
> > set
> >
> >   CFLAGS=-DgFortran
> >
> > and similarly set
> >
> >   CFLAGS=-DpgiFortran
> >
> > for Portland Group compilers.
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: ZAP-332278
> > Department: Support netCDF