[netCDF #RJX-395590]: Installing Netcdf-4.1.3

Hi André,

> I'm trying to install Netcdf-4.1.3 and when I run the "make check", the
> following message is shown:
>

> make  check-TESTS
> make[2]: Entrando no diretório `/usr/local/netcdf-4.1.3/h5_test'
> ./tst_h_files: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_hl.so.8:
> FAIL: tst_h_files
> 26 of 26 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden

NetCDF-4 depends on the HDF5 library for some of its features, so you have
to install the HDF5 library first, unless you only want support for netCDF-3
features.  If you only need netCDF-3 features, you can build netCDF-4 with
the "--disable-netcdf4" configure option, and then you won't need HDF5.

The latest released version of netCDF-4 is netCDF-4.3.0, and instructions for
building the netCDF C and netCDF Fortran libraries are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/build_default.html
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

If instead, you only want to build the netCDF-3 "classic" library, use these
instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/build_classic.html

If you need to build the netCDF-4.1.3 version (which includes both C and
Fortran libraries, but also has some bugs that have been fixed since its
release in 2011), you can follow these instructions instead:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install.html

More information on the differences between netCDF-3 and netCDF-4 is here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#formats-and-versions

Let us know if you encounter any problems ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: RJX-395590
Department: Support netCDF