[netCDF #KAS-529028]: configure of netcdf-fortran incorrectly detects capitalized module names

Takeshi,

> > Unfortunately, the "configure" file is generated automatically by running
> > "autoreconf -i -f" from the "configure.ac" source file in the distribution.
> > If I just patch the "configure" file, it will be overwritten by any later
> > change to the configure.ac source.
>
> My fixes are adhoc.
> autoreconf is not run unless it is required.
>
> > If you have any ideas about the best way to handle this for MacPorts,
> > I'd be interested.
>
> While my adhoc fix works for MacPorts,
> but it would be nice if one could explicitly specify
> lower- or upper-case module names as a configure option.

OK, I found where your patch needs to be applied, to the acinclude.m4
file in the netcdf-fortran source directory.  I've tested that it works
OK on Linux, too.  So I committed the fix to the git repository at

  https://github.com/Unidata/netcdf-fortran

which means it will be in the upcoming netCDF-Fortran release, which is
still waiting for me to finish adapting it to cmake.  In the meantime,
I'm glad your adhoc fix for MacPorts makes it work for OSX, too.

Thanks again for your contribution!

--Russ

Ticket ID: KAS-529028
Department: Support netCDF