[netCDF #GYO-221404]: Problems building netcdf-4.0.1

Hi Yanyan,

> When building netcdf-4.0.1, I specify which compilers I wanna choose to
> build netcdf, but I got some error messages in the configure.log, and also,
> It seems like I failed one of the tests relate to C++.

There will always be error messages in config.log, which can be ignored if
the configure script runs successfully and creates the necessary Makefiles.

> I attach my configure.log and the screen-output file:yanyan.log2
> I really appreciate you make a check of my log files.

Your configure and "make test" ran fine, with no unexpected errors.

However, netCDF version 4.0.1 is an old version of netCDF software, from
March, 2009.

Many bugs and improvements have been included in more recent releases.
If you want the benefit of these recent releases, I recommend installing
the netCDF-C release 4.3.0, the netCDF-Fortran release 4.2, and if you
need it, either the netCDF-C++ 4.2 legacy release or the netCDF-4-C++
release 4.2.  These are all available from our netCDF Downloads site:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/

Note that since netCDF version 4.1.3, the C, Fortran, and C++ libraries
have been released in separate distributions, so you may install the
C library, and then optionally the Fortran or C++ libraries that depend
on the C library, if you need them.

--Russ

Ticket ID: GYO-221404
Department: Support netCDF