[netCDF #RFH-499721]: NetCDF C

Dominikus,

I made a mistake in my response to you, when I said the May 9
netcdf-4.3.0.tar.gz
was available by scrolling down below the release notes.  I thought the
configure
file had only been left out of the new release candidates 4.3.1-rc1 and
4.3.1-rc2,
but actually you apparently can only get the May 9 distribution from our FTP
site,
not GitHub.  The 4.3.0 "stable release" on GitHub is actually a newer version of
only the sources, without the configure script, generated automatically by
GitHub.

So for now, please use the FTP version.  Since there's no link to that version
from
our Downloads page, I think we should find a way to make it easier to find and
remove our labeling the version that doesn't have the configure script as the
"latest stable release".

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience, which is worse that I had
understood
it to be ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: RFH-499721