[netCDF #DHN-737651]: Problem running netcdf 4.3.0 tests on IBM Power6, AIX 6.1, GPFS

Hi Thomas,

> I'm running into problems when doing a 'make check' for netcdf 4.3.0
> on an AIX 6.1 machine. Please see the attached log files. If you could
> provide any input on what's going wrong or what to try next here, I'd
> like hear from you. My next step would be to run the failing test
> programs in a debugger but that's probably going to take some time. In
> case you need more specific information on our system configuration or
> the tool versions please don't hesitate to ask.

Unfortunately, we no longer have access to an AIX platform for testing.

But maybe I can see what's wrong by looking at a few of the bad files
generated during testing.

Could you please send the files small.cdl, test0.cdl, and c0.cdl from the
directory ncdump/cdl4/, after running the failed test ncdump/tst_ncgen4.sh?

When testing is successful, they are supposed to look like the associated
files small.dmp, test0.dmp, and c0.dmp in the directory ncdump/expected4/,
so maybe the pattern of what is failing will be apparent from comparing them.

Thanks!

--Russ

> Regards, Thomas Jahns
>
> --
> Thomas Jahns
> DKRZ GmbH, Department: Application software
>
> Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum
> Bundesstraße 45a
> D-20146 Hamburg
>
> Phone: +49-40-460094-151