[netCDF #ZYQ-786138]: netcdf4 - hdf5-zip

Hi Katharina,

> I followed your advice step buy step
>
> But it did not work.
>
> I Attch the config-log ande the make-test-output, where the error occured

It looks like the configure step worked.  But I can't duplicate the
problemyou're seeing from running a test in the "ncdump" directory.  If you
change to the ncdump
directory and run the following test, the output I get is:

  $ cd ncdump
  $ ./tst_ncgen4_classic.sh
  *** Testing ncgen with -k1
  *** XFAIL: ref_tst_chardata
  + echo '*** PASSED: 12/12 ; 1 expected failures ; 0 unexpected failures'
  *** PASSED: 12/12 ; 1 expected failures ; 0 unexpected failures
  + test 0 -gt 0
  + exit 0
  *** Cycle testing ncgen with -k1
  xfail test: ref_tst_chardata: ignored
  *** PASSED: 16/16 ; 0 unexpected failures; 1 expected failures ignored

which indicates success.  The XFAIL output is indicating an expected failure,
for example testing that an error is properly detected.  I don't think it's
possible to configure your shell to interpret those XFAIL tests as real test
failures, so I don't understand why you get

  FAIL: tst_ncgen4_classic.sh
  Performing diff tests: k=1
  FAIL: tst_ncgen4.sh
  2 of 33 tests failed

instead.

Could you try a more recent version than netcdf-4.2?  The most recent release
is netcdf-4.3.0, which has some bug fixes since 4.2.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZYQ-786138
Department: Support netCDF