[netCDFJava #ZWR-336305]: trying to geolocate an HDF file

Hi Don:

Yes, you can use NcML, though you wont be able to able to apply it to more than
one file if the files have a different projection.

More general would be to write a CoordSysBuilder that could look at the gloabal
attributes and add the correct coordinates. An example that is similar is

ucar.nc2.dataset.conv.IFPSConvention (and other classes in
ucar.nc2.dataset.conv)

John

> I have some HDF files from a NESDIS archive that I'm trying to geolocate
> and display in the IDV.  A sample file is:
>
> ftp://ftp.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/pub/corp/scsb/wguo/GVIx/GVIx_VH_16km/NVI/GVIX_NC_G16_C07_NVI_Y1981_P35.hdf
>
> and some documentation on these files is here:
>
> ftp://ftp.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/pub/corp/scsb/wguo/doc/gvix-VH_uguide_v0.2_2008_0902.doc
>
> Can I use NcML to add the appropriate coordinates?
>
> Don
> --
> Don Murray
> NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES