[netCDF #EGH-664485]: NetCDF-Python

Hi Mamun,

> I am working at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in dealing with
> netCDF files created by Generic Mapping Tools (GMT). I need to do
> additional operation on this .nc file format before I finally map it. I am
> trying to display those data using Python Numpy module. Using this site
> http://gfesuite.noaa.gov/developer/netCDFPythonInterface.html I am trying
> to install the required tools in my Ubuntu machine. But I am getting error
> saying 'no module named netCDF'. I hope you can help me fix installing
> netCDF Python interface in my Ubuntu machine. Thanks ahead.

That particular package is no longer developed or supported by NOAA.
Its status is described here:

  http://gfesuite.noaa.gov/AWIPS/ob7.2a/

There are several Python netCDF packages that are being actively maintained
and developed, as we list here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/software.html#Python

We have been using and recommend Jeff Whitaker's netcdf4-python software:

  https://code.google.com/p/netcdf4-python/

but the other packages at the URL above may also be good and suit your
purposes for use with GMT.

--Russ

Ticket ID: EGH-664485
Department: Support netCDF