[netCDF #INK-865870]: Quick question about NetCDF library v4.1.1 and RH 6.3

Hi Fernando,

> I'm a tech support engineer at Exelis VIS, the company that develops
> ENVI and IDL here in Boulder.
>
> I have a quick question. Is there any known incompatibility between the
> NetCDF library version 4.1.1 and Red Hat 6.3 (Linux eld467
> 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64).

No, but the current version 4.3.0 has bug fixes and performance improvements
developed since the release of version 4.1.1.

> I'm asking this because I have a customer that has created an IDL code
> to create NetCDF files in a loop, and after some iterations the code
> crashes when creating the NetCDF file. I have tested the same code with
> the same NetCDF library version on a Red Hat 6.0 machine, and everything
> works fine.

NetCDF has no known operating-system dependencies on particular versions
of Linux.  You might want to ensure that "make check" works OK with all the
tests included with the netCDF source release that was built for your
customer's RH 6.3 release.  Some users just run "make all install" without
running "make check".  An error discovered with "make check" can sometimes
point to a problem with the build, such as mismatched headers and libraries.

--Russ

> Thank you very much in advance for any comments or suggestions.
> Best Regards,
> Fernando
>
> Fernando Santoro, PhD
> Technical Support Engineer