[netCDF #VJG-933974]: Issue related to Netcdf: cant read hdf5 attribute

Gansham,

> Can you just keep me on some list when I come to know that this bug gets
> fixed?
> I will be really thankful to you. Any timeframe in which it will get fixed.
> If you have idea where to look for the fix I can help you to fix it
> atleast in C/C++ version of the netcdf library.

The best way to get on such a list that automatically emails you when there's
progress on the issue is to use the "Watch" link in the right column on the
issues's page:

  https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCF-56

when you click that, it adds you to such a liast of email addresses following
any comments or resolution of the issue.

--Russ

> Anyways thanks your idea worked. I am able to use it. We are writing our
> satellite data using NCSA hdf5 library
> but following CF conventions and netcdf-4 classic model.

Glad to hear it!

--Russ

> regards
> Ghansham
>

> On 05/25/2013 02:12 AM, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> > Hi Gansham,
> >
> >> I am seeing an issue related to this.
> >> I have an hdf5 file written using hdf5-1.8.5.
> >>
> >> I am trying to using grads 2.0.2 (downloaded from grads site).
> >> In this if I have any single element floating point array attribute,
> >> it says:
> >> Netcdf: cant read hdf5 attribute.
> >>
> >> I am running on 64-bit RHEL 5.7.
> > This bug was reported by another user and is in our bug tracking system:
> >
> >    netcdf-4 can't read HDF5 scalar numeric atts
> >    https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCF-56
> >
> > It has recently been reassigned, so we have it on our list to fix. Thanks
> > for
> > reporting that the problem still exists.  Until it's fixed, the only
> > workaround
> > we know about is to define the numeric attribute as a 1-element array rather
> > than a scalar.
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: VJG-933974
> > Department: Support netCDF