[netCDF #KRG-880881]: Writing NetCDF 90 file with chunking

Hi Craig,

> I am trying to build netcdf-fortran-4.4-beta1 on a new Intel MIC/Phi cluster
> we have at the University of Miami using the Intel icc/ifort compilers.
>
> The C interface installed without any problems and passed all tests.
>
> I am using the same flags and settings that I have used on other linux
> clusters. I am not specifically building for the Phi coprocessor (-mmic) yet,
> just doing a generic build on the Sandy Bridge CPU right now.
>
> When I try to run configure, I get the following error:
>
> checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
> checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... no
> checking for /usr/bin/nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
> checking nm flags...
> checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"... configure: error: Could
> not compile conftest.f
>
> Any clues or advice?
>
> I am attaching the contents of my config.log file below.

Here's the section of config.log where the error occurred:

> configure:20054: checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"
> configure:20061: mpif77 -c -w -O3 -xHost -ip -fp-model fast=2 -no-heap-arrays
> -no-prec-div -no-prec-sqrt -ftz -align all -fno-alias -fno-common -m64 -fPIC
> -I/nethome/cmattock/usr/local/szip/include
> -I/nethome/cmattock/usr/local/phdf5/include
> -I/nethome/cmattock/usr/local/netcdf4/include conftest.f
/share/opt/intel/impi/4.1.0.024/intel64/bin/mpif77: line 638: g77: command not
found

The configure script found mpif77 as the Fortran compiler for f77 code.  mpif77
is a wrapper around
g77.  Apparently g77 is not available in any of the directories on your PATH,
or mpif77 is calling
a specific g77 with an absolute path that doesn't exist.  I would think you
could just use mpif90
for the f90 or f77 compiler.

--Russ

Ticket ID: KRG-880881