[netCDF #MLU-486882]: NetCDF must be built with netCDF-4 enabled

> Brilliant, thanks, first problem overcome. I now DON'T get the 'netcdf.h file
> could not be found' error anymore. The solution was to export the environment
> variables. It now says
>
> configure:3667: gcc  -I /usr/local/netcdf/include  conftest.c  >&5
>
> In the configure.log file.
>
> I am now back to the "NetCDF must be built with netCDF-4 enabled" error. I
> did set
>
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=${DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/usr/local/lib
>
> and
>
> export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> and
>
> DYLDFLAGS="-L /usr/local/netcdf/lib"
>
> and
>
> export DYLDFLAGS
>
> but to no avail. Configure.log file is attached. ...

I guess I should have asked earlier if you have installed netCDF-4, without
using the --disable-netcdf-4 option.  To install netCDF-4 you would have
had to install hdf5 first, because netCDF-4 depends on it.  To determine
whether you have netCDF-4 installed, try running ncdump on the attached binary
file:

  ncdump -k test.nc

and verify that the output is

  netCDF-4 classic model

If instead you get

  test.nc4: NetCDF: Unknown file format

then you haven't installed netCDF-4, which is required for the netcdf-cxx4
software that depends on the C library for netCDF-4.

--Russ

Ticket ID: MLU-486882
Department: Support netCDF