[netCDF #CBA-908124]: NetCDF Fortran

> Thanks, Russ.  I'm not sure where the Fortran libraries are.  I did
> follow what I thought was the correct procedure in a directory
> containing 'netcdf-fortran-4.2'. That is, I ran configure with the
> prefix set to
> '/home/ed/local' and then ran 'make check install' and got two errors.

You may already know this, but the "/home/ed/local" path used in the
example installation was just what the guy named "Ed" who wrote those
instructions used.  In general, you shouldn't have to create an "ed"
user account just to install netCDF libraries!  They're typically installed
in your own directory or in a system-wide library if other users also need
to get to them.

What were the two errors you got?  If they were related to "no such directory",
then try using a directory in which you have write permission, such as your
home dir3ctory, or use "sudo make install" to get elevated permissions when
you try to install the libraries.

--Russ

Ticket ID: CBA-908124
Department: Support netCDF