[netCDF #UUS-259413]: pnetcdf and netcdf

Russ-
I am getting very confused about pnetcdf support.
This comment of yours
>   2. For netCDF classic format or 64-bit offset format files that use the
> second nc_create_par()
>      call above, the parallel I/O uses pnetcdf aka parallel-netcdf, but
> provides the same API
>      (and thus API parameter types) as in the serial netCDF API.  This
> restricts it to arrays of
>      primitive types for data, rather than the structured MPI types of data
> that pnetcdf can also
>      access, but makes it easier to convert a serial netCDF program to use
> parallel I/O.
makes me think that pnetcdf code should be in libsrc or as a separate dispatch
table.
However the current code has all the pnetcdf stuff in libsrc4.
When the --enable-pnetcdf is set for configure, should we treat this like a
variant
of netcdf-3 or netcdf-4?

=Dennis

Ticket ID: UUS-259413