[netCDF #ACB-881122]: Building NetCDF-4.2 Fortran libraries on Windows with MinGW

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Shortly after that, if we encounter no unanticipated problems, we'll be
> > releasing
> > a netcdf-fortran that also includes CMake build configurations, at least
> > for ifort
> > (we don't have the resources to test and support multiple Fortran
> > compilers on
> > Windows).
>

> That's good to hear. Intel's Fortran compiler would work for me as well; I
> was trying MinGW because I read that's what you used to make the current
> Windows DLL. I guess I'll pay attention to your news blog for a release
> announcement (or is there somewhere else I should be looking for the news?)
> Do you plan to have any release candidates before the final release?

Yes, we'll have a netcdf-4.3-beta1, or maybe netcdf-4.3-rc1, depending on our
level of confidence with the release and local testing.

The current Windows DLL's we distribute are now actually based on our CMake
build
with Visual Studio:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/win_netcdf/

--Russ