[netCDF #CVR-968452]: make check failed installing netCDF-4.0.1

Hi Jinlei,

>  Package Version: netcdf 4.0.1
>  Compiler Version: gcc  4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)
>  Operating System:CentOS 5.4 x86_64
>  Hardware: Intel processor Description of problem:make check failed
> installing netCDF-4.0.1.
>
>  installing process as following: ./configure
> --prefix=/home/soft/netcdf/
> make make check
> Here are the configure.log, make.log and make-check.out in the accessories.
>
> someone know how to solve this ??I was read a lot of post with similar
> errors, but I couldn't solve it.Really I will appreciate your help,thanks in
> advance...Hu Jinlei.

Does the file /home/soft/netcdf-4.0.1/libsrc/.libs/libnetcdf.a exist, or has it
been
deleted?

If it exists and it's an archive file, that's where the functions such as
ncopen and
ncredef should be found, unless you configured with the option --disable-v2.

If you haven't found another workaround yet, could you instead try building and
installing from the current released version 4.2.1.1 ?

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-4.2.1.1.tar.gz

If you can build from that and install the result, then you can build the
Fortran
library from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-fortran-4.2.tar.gz

by following these instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: CVR-968452