[netCDF #FXJ-706125]: disagreement of missing values readed by fortran and matlab,respectively

Hi Chen Lei,

> Package Version: netcdf4.2-fortran
> Operating System: linux

> the readnc.f90 is my fortran code for require , print the information
> about a nc file, the file infor* is the results of the executing the
> code and the file results in matlab is the parts of results produced by
> matlab.
>
> for the variable temp, almost everything is same, however, just the
> missing values are not consstent.
>
> I think there maybe some diffrence in translating so large numbers .
>
> Thanks for any help or explaination for advance.

The utility program "ncdump" can show you what is really in the file, and
whether
it matches the matlab output or the output from your f90 program.  I can't tell,
just looking at your program, whether there is an error reading the
missing_value
attributes, but they are all printed as "0.10000E+01" (1.0), which looks wrong.

It looks to me like your statement

        call check(nf90_get_att(ncid=ncid,varid=nf90_global,
name=attrname,values=attrval_nu))

should instead be

        call check(nf90_get_att(ncid=ncid,varid=i,
name=attrname,values=attrval_nu))

--Russ

Ticket ID: FXJ-706125
Department: Support netCDF