[netCDF #DZU-954292]: Cannot install. Urgent:: Please respond

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> So can i use
>
> CPPFLAGS=.... LDFLAGS=... ./configure --enable-netcdf-4
> --prefix=/home/netCDF/local

Yes, that would work.  You could also still specify --prefix=/home/local,
as long as there are no conflicts in the names of libraries, include files,
or executables between HDF5 and netCDF.  I'm pretty sure that would work
also, and would have the advantage of simpler linking for applications,
becasue only one library directory would have to be specified (or added
to LD_LIBRARY_PATH).

--Russ

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Sricharan,
> >
> > > I have been trying to install netcdf-4.2 with hdf5. I have installed
> > > hdf5 in the directory "/home/local".
> > >
> > > These are the commands I executed
> > >
> > > ./configure --enable-netcdf-4 --prefix=/home/local
> > >
> > > i am getting an error saying cannot find hdf5
> > >
> > > Please let me know if i have to add any other options. Please respond.
> >
> > Yes, you need to set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables
> > appropriately,
> > to specify where the hdf5 library was installed.  The --prefix option is
> > intended to specify where netCDF should be installed.
> >
> > See instructions here:
> >
> >   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/build_default.html
> >
> > --Russ
> >
> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: DZU-954292
> > Department: Support netCDF