[netCDF #TJI-307672]: Support with uncompressing radar data in netCDF/CfRadial

Hi Mariana,

> When opening a cfradial file in IDL, I noticed that the radar reflectivity
> (and other variables) are compressed in a couple of different ways. I
> found the CF documentation and was able to "Unpack" the data, but am
> having a tough time with the "Compression by Gathering" process. I would
> expect a 3D reflectivity array (azimuth, range, elevation) or (time,
> range, elevation) but the "Compression by gathering" process yields
> a 1D array. I didn't find the uncompression examples given in the cf
> documentation helpful.
>
> Could someone please help me with this problem?

At Unidata, we don't have the expertise to help with this problem,
so I'm forwarding your question to Mike Dixon, author of the CF-Radial
format document.  If there's someone more appropriate to whom this
question should be addressed, I hope Mike can forward it to that person.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TJI-307672
Department: Support netCDF