[netCDF #UCO-606914]: Error in install netcdf

Sachin,

In the previous response, I wrote:
> > libtool: link: xlc -g -o .libs/tst_rename tst_rename.o  -L../liblib/.libs
> > -lnetcdf -lm
> > -Wl,-blibpath:/gpfs1/home/sachin/wrf/lib:/usr/vac/lib:/usr/lib:/lib
> > make  check-TESTS
> > exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program
> > /gpfs1/home/sachin/wrf/netcdf-4.2/nctest/.libs/lt-nctest because of the
> > following errors:
> > 0509-150   Dependent module
> > /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(libnetcdf.so.7) could not be loaded.
> > 0509-152   Member libnetcdf.so.7 is not found in archive
> > FAIL: nctest
> > exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program
> > /gpfs1/home/sachin/wrf/netcdf-4.2/nctest/.libs/lt-tst_rename because of the
> > following errors:
> > 0509-150   Dependent module
> > /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(libnetcdf.so.7) could not be loaded.
> > 0509-152   Member libnetcdf.so.7 is not found in archive
> > FAIL: tst_rename
> > cmp: 0653-023 Cannot find or open nctest_classic.nc.
> > FAIL: compare_test_files.sh
> > 3 of 3 tests failed
> > Please report to address@hidden
>
> I suspect this problem is due to running "make check" as root.  It's OK
> to run "make install" as root (or using "sudo"(, after "make check" has
> been run, but when "make check" tries to link as root, there are different
> rules for linking to libraries in paths not configured in the system, due
> to security concerns.
>
> Try starting over from the configure step as a regular user (you may have to
> run "make clean" first as root).  Once that succeeds, you should be able to
> run "make install" as root.

... but now I think that was the problem.  I just tried running "make check"
as root on my Linux system, and it worked fine.

But the following error message reveals a problem I missed:
> > /usr/local/lib/libnetcdf.a(libnetcdf.so.7) could not be loaded.
> > 0509-152   Member libnetcdf.so.7 is not found in archive
> > FAIL: nctest

"libnetcdf.so.7" is a shared library, not a static library archive member.
The fact that the loader is looking for "libnetcdf.so.7" inside libnetcdf.a
seems to indicate something wrong with environment variables related to the
loader or to options specified to the configure command.

Could you please send the full config.log file generated when you ran
the configure script.  It would also be useful to know the values that the
following environment variables had when you ran the configure script:

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  LDFLAGS
  LIBS

Thanks!