[netCDF #BNX-671086]: NetCDF installation error with gcc and gfortan

> Thank you for reply. I tried as suggested and getting the error. Please
> note that I tried two different CPPFLAGS and getting the same error.
>
> Please see the installation script and config.log.

The config.log you sent shows that you're now getting a different error:

> configure:24469: checking for C-equivalent to Fortran routine "SUB"
> configure:24476: gfortran -c -g -O2 -mp -recursive conftest.f
> gfortran: error: unrecognized option '-recursive'
> configure:24479: $? = 1
> configure:24494: error: Could not compile conftest.f

The gfortran command doesn't support the "-recursive" option.  Also, when
compiling with gcc, you should be using "-DgFortran" instead of "-Dpgifortran".

Finally, you might have better luck building the C and Fortran libraries
separately, from the latest release, netCDF version 4.2.1.1.  The C library
builds cleanly on Linux systems such as Ubuntu; in fact there are precompiled
versions of the libraries available as packaged Ubuntu releases.  But
instructions
for building from source are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building.html

After you build and install the C library and utilities, you can get the Fortran
source libraries from Unidata and build those separately, following the
instructions
here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ