[Support #ICK-993103]: make check error

Hi Subhendu,

> I have a problem during installation of netcdf.  During make check it
> show error. The make check output is attached in makecheck.log file pls
> help me.
From this error:

> PASS: tst_h_atts3
> HDF5-DIAG: Error detected in HDF5 (1.8.5-patch1) thread 0:
>   #000: H5Z.c line 1372 in H5Zget_filter_info(): Filter not defined
>     major: Invalid arguments to routine
>     minor: Bad value
>   #001: H5Z.c line 1022 in H5Z_find(): required filter is not registered
>     major: Data filters
>     minor: Object not found

it looks like HDF5 needs to be built with zlib.  You can build HDF5 successfully
without zlib, but it won't work for netCDF-4, which requires HDF5 be linked with
zlib in order to read and write compressed files.

Also, there are more recent versions of netCDF-4, for example version 4.1.2,
4.1.3,
or 4.2, all of which have improvements over version 4.1.1.  But they also all
require
HDF5 built with zlib, unless you specify --disable-netcdf-4 when configuring
netCDF.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ICK-993103
Department: Support netCDF