[netCDF #GDO-757215]: netcdf-fortran-4.2 make check install fail

Julia,

> Thanks for your quick supply!
> I tried your suggestion, but still the same error occurs, when running "make
> check install" afterwards. (config.log attached again)
> I also did "make clean" before configuring again.
> Any further ideas?

I see from the config.log you sent this output:

> configure:18686: checking for library containing nc_open
> configure:18717: gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include -DgFortran
> -L/usr/local/lib conftest.c  >&5
> /tmp/cc19sWpU.o: In function `main':
> /cygdrive/c/build/netcdf-fortran-4.2/conftest.c:45: undefined reference to
> `_nc_open'

The reason it's not linking with the installed netCDF library in /usr/local/lib
is the lack of "-lnetcdf" specifying to search libnetcdf for unsatisfied
externals.
One way to handle this is to set the environment variable

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

before you run configure and make check.

Another way that may work is to include it with LDFLAGS, as in

  LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf"

but I don't think you need that if you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

--Russ

Ticket ID: GDO-757215
Department: Support netCDF