[netCDF #YFP-186470]: PGI Compiler support for netcdf 3.6.3 (SOLVED)

Hi Wayne,

> We had a bug when attempting to build with PGI compilers (this is for
> 11.10, but believe it works for 12.4)  We had to disable C++, but this
> change to the configure file fixed it:
>
> Edit the configure file, and  change the line
>
> *pgCC\ [1-5]* | *pgcpp\ [1-5]*)

> *pgCC\ [1-5].* | *pgcpp\ [1-5].*)

Thanks for reporting this fix.  Apparently the lines above are generated by
libtool, and I see the current m4/libtool includes the following lines:

          pgCC* | pgcpp*)
            # Portland Group C++ compiler
            case `$CC -V` in
            *pgCC\ [[1-5]].* | *pgcpp\ [[1-5]].*)
              _LT_TAGVAR(prelink_cmds, $1)='tpldir=Template.dir~
                rm -rf $tpldir~

so I'm hoping that means the fix has gotten into the current libtool release.
We have a pgi test platform, so we'll check that works correctly for the next
netCDF release.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YFP-186470
Department: Support netCDF