[netCDF #MNR-665520]: Please add MeteoExplorer to the software list for manipulate and displaying netcdf data

Hi Lianqing Yu,

> I'd like to introduce our latest effort - MeteoExplorer and have it
> added to the software list for  manipulate and displaying NetCDF data.
>
> Here is an introduction to MeteoExplorer:
>
> Meteo Explorer is a cross-platform software for analyzing and
> rendering atmospheric science and geoscience data. It supports popular
> data formats including WMO GRIB1/GRIB2, NetCDF, and MICAPS, and provides
> basic GIS functionalities. Developed with C++, Meteo Explorer targets
> multiple computing platforms including Microsoft Windows, GNU Linux, and
> SGI IRIX operating systems. The primary features include:
>
> - Graphics layer management (navigation and animation);
>
> - Objective analysis of physical elements in surface or upperair soundings
> data;
>
> - Isoline analysis and shading of grid field;
>
> - Streamline analysis of wind field;
>
> - Computation of physics elements;
>
> - NetCDF data process and display;
>
> - GRIB1/GRIB2 data process and display;
>
> - MICAPS data process and display;
>
> - Satellite nephogram data display and animation, support AWX, GPF and HDF
> format;
>
> - Interactive composition of synoptic chart (command undo/redo, automatic
> save);
>
> - Map zoom, pan, projection and clipping;
>
> - Full screen display and zoom to area;
>
> - Quick navigation via thumbnail view of graphics layers;
>
> - Save screen shot as image file (support formats: BMP, JPG, PNG);
>
> - Vector graphics exported to clipboard or saved as EMF file (Windows version
> only);
>
> - Remote desktop connection support;
>
> - System configuration (dynamic menu);
>
> - Fast switch of user interface language on the fly.
>
> For more information, please visit MeteoExplorer's home page at
>
> http://www.eastmodelsoft.com/software/mexplorer.htm
>
> or contact the support staff via address@hidden.

Thanks for the information, and for supporting netCDF in the Meteo Explorer
software!

I've added a draft of the Meteo Explorer entry here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/software.html#MeteoExplorer

Please let us know if you want to make any changes.  In particular, most of our
software descriptions give credit to the software developer, so if you want your
name to be included or something like "developers from EastModelSoft Inc.",
please let us know.

And thanks again for making the results of your efforts freely available to the
netCDF and atmospheric sciences communities!

--Russ

Ticket ID: MNR-665520
Department: Support netCDF