[netCDF #CVA-598913]: netcdf-4.1.3 configure with hdf5

Stacy,

I was wrong about something I told you when you called about this question.

I said the "-with-hdf5" option to configure is supported in netCDF version
4.1.3,
but not in version 4.2.  Actually it's not supported in either version.  The
last
version in which "--with-hdf5" worked was 4.1.2.

Here's some reasons why support for "--with-hdf5" was dropped:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2011/msg00345.html
  https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-20

So whether you want to build with 4.2 (recommended) or 4.1.3 versions, you will
need to define the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS environment variables, as in:

  CPPFLAGS=-I/home/ed/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/home/ed/local/lib ./configure
--prefix=/home/ed/local make check install

--Russ

Ticket ID: CVA-598913
Department: Support netCDF