[netCDF #ISU-143412]: help compiling netCDF4 in mac os x Lion

Greetings David!

netCDF uses Oxygen to generate the documentation files. The error you see:

> Doxyfile
> make[2]: Doxyfile: No such file or directory

indicates that you don't have Doxygen installed on your system, which isn't
really a show stopper (however, there are Mac binaries for Doxygen if you are
interested). You can build and use netCDF without issue if you like (that's how
I do it) - just pass configure the --disable-doxygen flag

 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/netCDF4 --disable-doxygen flag

and you should be good to go! Just make sure to use

make clean

before reconfiguring / rebuilding.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hello!
>
> I am having some trouble to build netCDF (v 4.2) in mac os x Lion (10.7.4,
> Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.0, RELEASE_X86_64) and I would like to know if you
> could help.
> I have libz in my system, as it gets installed with the Developers Tools. I
> have also successfully installed  HDF5 version 1.8.9.
>
> I have followed this procedure (from a tcsh terminal, from the netCDF folder)
> 1.- setenv LDFLAGS "-L/usr/local/hdf5/lib -lhdf5 -L/usr/lib -lz"
> 2.- setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/usr/local/hdf5/include"
> 3.- ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/netCDF4
>
> All runs well, and no errors occur.
> Then I perform make check, and after quite a lot of tests I get the following
> error:
> _______
> PASS: t_dap3a
> ==================
> All 8 tests passed
> ==================
> Making check in man4
> Making check in images
> make[2]: Nothing to be done for `check'.
> Doxyfile
> make[2]: Doxyfile: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [doxyfile.stamp] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
> _______
>
> I tried looking into the forums for help, but I have not found something to
> help me. As recommended there tough, I tried the daily snapshot, but the
> process gets stopped at the same point.
> As it is requested periodically on the forums, I am attaching the config,
> check and install log files to give you the background of my process..
>

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> David A. Monterroso
> address@hidden

Ticket ID: ISU-143412