[netCDF #VCH-490340]: some objects are undefined

> I built netcdf libraries on 64 bit linux machine using ifort compiler.
> When I use nm command on libnetcdff.a, I get the following listing.  The
> object
> nf__create_ is defined initially, but is undefined later in the library.
> How can I make sure that the objects do not get undefined.
>
> Kuldeep
>
> nm libnetcdff.a | grep nf | grep '_$'
> 0000000000000c10 T nf_get_att_double_
> 0000000000000350 T nf_get_att_int1_
> 0000000000000580 T nf_get_att_int2_
> 00000000000007b0 T nf_get_att_int_
> 00000000000009e0 T nf_get_att_real_
> 0000000000000120 T nf_get_att_text_
> 0000000000000af0 T nf_put_att_double_
> 0000000000000230 T nf_put_att_int1_
> 0000000000000460 T nf_put_att_int2_
> 0000000000000690 T nf_put_att_int_
> 00000000000008c0 T nf_put_att_real_
> 0000000000000000 T nf_put_att_text_
> 0000000000000110 T nf__create_
> 0000000000000600 T nf__create_mp_
> U nf__create_
> U nf__create_mp_

I don't know why the objects are first defined and later undefined.

Is this from version 4.1.3 of netCDF, or are you using version 4.2 of
separate C and Fortran libraries?

Did "make check" work OK on the source build, before you installed the
libraries with "make install"?

--Russ

Ticket ID: VCH-490340
Department: Support netCDF