[netCDF #EDL-799761]: Which netcdf for ubuntu 11.04

Hi,

> I am encountering problems while processing my data with netcdf.  I am
> doing work on two machines. One machine has Ubuntu 10.04 while other
> has 11.04.
>
> I have installed netcdf 4.1.2 sucessfully on both machines. My script
> is running fine on Ubuntu 10.04 and generates my desired results, but
> with ubuntu 11.04 I am facing problems with execution of my script. I
> googled alot and found that netcdf which I have on Ubuntu 11.04 is not
> compatible with O/S.
>
> Please tell me which version of netcdf is compatible with Ubuntu 11.04?

We don't use an Ubuntu platform for testing, so I'm not sure what the
incompatibility is, however the latest version of the netCDF C library is
4.2, which I would recommend using if possible.  If you're using the Fortran
library as well, you can install the C library first, then follow these
instructions
to install the Fortran library:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

If you're not using the Fortran library, then just installing the separate C
library should be simpler that the combination of both libraries in 4.1.2,
just following these instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/

--Russ

Ticket ID: EDL-799761