[netCDF #UBZ-355729]: NetCDF 64-bit offset bug with large records

Chuck,

I just committed a fix for this bug in our snapshot release, involving two
files in
the netCDF-3 library source:  libsrc/v1hpg.c and libsrc/nc.c.  I'm also
modifying
nc_test/large_files.c in a similar way to your version, to demonstrate the fix.

The fix will be in the next release.

I've also attached a patch for version 4.2, in case you just want to apply that
rather
than waiting for the next release.

Thanks for reporting this bug!

--Russ

> Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
> > I've verified that your test fails the same way in the new 4.2 release, so
> > it's a bug.  Thanks much for providing the test case.  I won't be able to
> > look at the fix until next week, but I'll let you know when we have a patch
> > to test.
> >
> > --Russ

Ticket ID: UBZ-355729
Department: Support netCDF