[netCDFJava #AJI-706286]: Help me!NetCDF-Java!

Greetings!

That is correct - the netCDF-Java API only supports reading netCDF4 files. In
order to support writing in a pure Java way, the HDF5 library would need to be
ported. There is a package that can write netCDF4 files that is pure java, but
it does not implement the full HDF5 library, so only certain netCDF4 files can
be written (see
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/nujan_netcdf_writer_library_11 for
more info). Adding newCDF4 writing capabilities to netCDF-Java is being
investigated, but there is not timeline at this point.

Cheers,

Sean

> The NetCDF API for Java only supports reading from NetCDF-4 files, not
> writing.  Really?
> At 2012-03-26 21:43:19,"Unidata netCDF Java Support" <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >???,
> >
> >Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it and
> >reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please make
> >sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence
> >related to this Ticket.
> >
> >    Ticket ID: AJI-706286
> >    Subject: Help me!NetCDF-Java!
> >    Department: Support netCDF Java
> >

> >Please let us know how we can assist you further.
> >
> >Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: AJI-706286
Department: Support netCDF Java