[Miscellaneous #FVN-918003]: Downloading data

Hi Maribeth,

re:
> I am trying to download NCEP/NCAR Reanalysis data that is in the .nc file
> format. I have never used this file format before and am wondering if you
> could provide instructions for how to access this data.

There is a lot of useful information about netCDF files on our
website:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Software
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software

    netCDF
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/

      netCDF FAQ
      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/#netcdf_faq

One link in the last page that may be particularly helpful is:

NetCDF and Other Software
  What other software is available for accessing, displaying, and manipulating
netCDF data?
    Software for Manipulating or Displaying NetCDF Data
    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/software.html

I hope that this helps...

Ticket ID: FVN-918003
Department: Support Miscellaneous