[netCDF #BIL-394318]: installing netcdf4 on windows

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I'm trying to install a version of netcdf 4 (4.1.3) on windows 7 (32 bit).
> This is so I can use the R programming platform to access OPeNDAP files.
>
> The page at
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/
> gives some details on Building and Installing
> netcdf4 on windows, however the link to the pre-built dll set
> (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Prebuilt-DLL.html#Prebuilt-DLL)
> points to an earlier version of netcdf (3.6.1-beta), which does not have
> the OPeNDAP capacity.
>
> Do you have the pre-built dll set for netcdf 4.1.3?

If you can use a DLL built with Cygwin, then it can be built from source,
with the same instructions as for the Linux build.

Otherwise, sorry, we don't have DLLs at this time.  The situation with
netCDF 4.1.x for Windows is discussed in this FAQ answer:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4_1

which lists a few third-party netCDF 4.1.x contributions that might help.

We have just released netCDF-4.2, and the release announcement includes a
note about our plans to improve Windows support in the next few months:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/netcdf_4_2_release

--Russ

Ticket ID: BIL-394318
Department: Support netCDF