Re: netcdf version 4.3

On 3/20/2012 2:40 PM, randy pierce wrote:
Hi John,
We are trying to build version 4.3 so that we can take advantage of some newer ncep bufr tables that seem to be included in this release but weren't in the older stable release.

it all looked pretty good until we hit this error message on the mvn install...
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project visad: Could not resolve dependencies for project edu.ucar:visad:jar:4.3.8-SNAPSHOT: Could not transfer artifact edu.wisc:visad:jar:2010-08-09 from/to thredds (http://artifacts.unidata.ucar.edu:8081/content/repositories/thredds/): Error transferring file: Connection refused -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles: [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/DependencyResolutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command

It looks to me like there is a problem retrieving a visad dependency jar.

Do you have any suggestions for us?

thanks,
Randy Pierce
NOAA, Global Systems Divisions, Data Systems Group

Hi Randy:

we are working on a real fix to this, in the meanwhile:

A workaround, as the visadCdm-4.3.jar is in the lib/release folder, could be install manually that jar in the maven local repository with the command: mvn install:install-file -Dfile=visadCdm-4.3.jar -DartifactId=visad -DgroupId=edu.wisc -Dpackaging=jar -Dversion=2010-08-09 (asuming we are in the directory lib/release, otherwise set the -Dfile property accordingly )
and then run the mvn install again.

PS: please send questions to address@hidden instead of to me directly. thanks.

John