[netCDF #XQE-706031]: data conversion

Hi Tim,

> I have data stored in a netCDF format and I want to convert it to a binary
> format. Is there a way to do that?

Probably, depending on what you mean by "binary format".  NetCDF is actually
already a binary format, in that it stores numeric values in binary form, so
that it can directly seek to values in large arrays based on the size and
dimensionality of the arrays and the indexes for values.  Maybe what you have
is the text form of netCDF data, typically stored in files with a ".cdl"
extension?  In that case, there is a utility program, ncgen, that's part of
netCDF and that converts CDL to netCDF.

--Russ

Ticket ID: XQE-706031
Department: Support netCDF