[netCDF #VIG-404579]: caching

> Dear Russ and Dennis:
>
> Thanks for your responses. Is Unidata considering to add this functionality
> in a later version?

If by "this functionality" you mean providing some sort of transparent packing
and unpacking as
currently exists for compression with netCDF-4, then yes, that's on our list of
features to add.
However it's not clear that using an HDF5 filter is the way we would implement
it.

--Russ

> Concerning development under Windows I appreciate if you would inform me of
> new developments. Should you need help doing independent tests please don't
> hesitate to contact me.

Thanks for the offer.  We'll keep everyone on the netcdfgroup mailing list
apprised of new developments
that provide better support for the Windows platform.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VIG-404579
Department: Support netCDF