[netCDF #CCY-455484]: Wring time varying particle data to NETCDF

Hi venkat,

> I am looking for a sample program to write time varying particle data with
> associated attributes to a netcdf file.
>
> Can you please send it to me.

Sorry, we don't have such a program.  There has been much discussion about
what conventions to use in representing particle trajectories using netCDF.
You can read this discussion and determine whether the conventions are
adequate for your application by looking for the email postings to the
cf-metadata mailing list that had the words "particle trajectories" in
the subject, using the 2011 and 2012 archives available here:

  http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2011/subject.html
  http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2012/subject.html

For example, here was a recent posting with quite a bit of the discussion
summarized:

  http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2012/027684.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: CCY-455484