[netCDF #IVQ-640612]: Request for binaries

Hi Alessandro,

> In the previous versions it was easy to find binaries for Windows while
> now the distribution of 4.x is only through the source codes which is
> not easy to compile and create. Where I can find the Windows dlls also
> for the latest versions ? At the moment I am using a 2006 version and
> I have some problems with large files

If you can use DLLs built with Cygwin, either version 4.1.3 or the current
release candidate 4.2-rc2 can be built fairly easily, according to users
who have done it.

However, if you need Visual Studio built DLLs, you will have to depend on the
Windows DLLs described at the end of the answer to this question:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4_1

That's all we currently know about.  We have just hired a new developer who
will be working on improving our Windows support in the next few months, so
we hope the situation will improve soon.

--Russ

Ticket ID: IVQ-640612
Department: Support netCDF