[netCDF #MEV-177991]: netcdf for VS2010

Hi Robert,

Sorry to take so long to respond to your question:
> I would like to know if there is a possibility to receive netcdf library
> for Visual Studio 2010? The data format is often used by me (in
> generally, in area of my topic). If not, I please kindly to show good
> link for tutorial how to compile own libraries. I have an experiences
> with C++ but not as good level as to do this without help.

The current version of netCDF, version 4.2-rc1 (a "release candidate" for
version 4.2) does not easily for Visual Studios on Windows platforms.  The
autoconf-based build system we have been using works OK for a Cygwin
system, but a different build system is required for VS.  We have recently
recruited and hired a developer to help provide full support for Windows VS,
but it is likely to take some time (several months?) to reach that goal.

In the mean time, some community ports of the earlier versions 4.1.1 and
4.1.3 for VS have been made available, and there's more information about
them here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4_1

--Russ

Ticket ID: MEV-177991