[netCDF #LRL-818096]: Building netcdf 4 applications on CentOS 6

Hi James,

Sorry it took so long to respond to this question.
> I'm building a netCDF 4 application - a data server handler - using
> netcdf on CentOS 6. CentOS 6 / RHEL 6 includes an RPM package with
> netcdf 4.1.1. I noticed that the constant NC_FIRSTUSERTYPEID is not in
> the netcdf.h file (but it is present in 4.1.2's netcdf.h file. Was this
> just an omission in 4.1.1 or is there another/better way to get the id
> of the first user-defiend type?

I don't know what was going on with that constant in the 4.1.1 include file,
but
it's defined in netcdf.h for 4.1.2 and all subsequent releases, including the
4.2
release candidates.  Using that constant is the best way I know to get the id of
the first user-defined type.

--Russ

Ticket ID: LRL-818096
Department: Support netCDF