[netCDF #QCT-395728]: coordinate variables for satellite data projected to the polar stereographic projection

Hi Randy,

> It is my understanding that the values for coordinate variables need to be
> monitonically increasing or decreasing.
>
> How can this be achieved for a data variable containing pixels on a polar
> stereographic projected rectangular region stored in a two dimensional array?

Consider (x,y) coordinates on the projection plane, rather than (lat,lon)
coordinates.  Then it's easy for the (x,y) coordinates to be monotonically
increasing, and auxiliary lat(x,y) and lon(x,y) variables can depend on the
x and y coordinate variables, just as the pixels do.

--Russ

Ticket ID: QCT-395728
Department: Support netCDF