[netCDF #BVL-677462]: Binaries define rpath on x86_64

> >> Ed -
> >>
> >> FYI - I'm still seeing this in last night's snapshot.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Orion Poplawski
> >> Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
> >> NWRA/CoRA Division                    FAX: 303-415-9702
> >> 3380 Mitchell Lane                  address@hidden
> >> Boulder, CO 80301              http://www.cora.nwra.com
> >>

> > Howdy Orion!
> >
> > Is this still happening for you? I am using libtool 2.4, which seems to be
> > the latest version...
> >
> > Ed
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: BVL-677462
> > Department: Support netCDF
>
> It is still happening.  I see in liblib/Makefile.in:
>
> libnetcdf.la: $(libnetcdf_la_OBJECTS) $(libnetcdf_la_DEPENDENCIES)
>
> $(libnetcdf_la_LINK) -rpath $(libdir) $(libnetcdf_la_OBJECTS)
> $(libnetcdf_la_LIBADD) $(LIBS)
>
> but I have no idea where the rpath is coming in from.
>
> Anyways, it appears that perhaps I was giving libtool more credit than it
> deserves and there is a way I can remove the rpath from my builds, so I guess
> I wouldn't worry about it too much.
>
> Another issues I just noticed - a number of source files have execute
> permission in the netcdf-4.2-daily tarball.
>
> --
> Orion Poplawski
> Technical Manager                     303-415-9701 x222
> NWRA/CoRA Division                    FAX: 303-415-9702
> 3380 Mitchell Lane                  address@hidden
> Boulder, CO 80301              http://www.cora.nwra.com

Don't know what is going on with executable code files, but I have noted it as
a bug to fix:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-128

If you figure out what is happening with the rpath problem, please do let me
know. The liblib/Makefile.am is the one that assembles all the convenience
libraries into the final library. If there's a problem, that's where it will
be...

Thanks!

Ed

Ticket ID: BVL-677462