[netCDF #SUU-128916]: [netcdfgroup] Please question compiling nctools

Hi Mark,

> Please tell me, if you could, what C compiler and version shoul be used,
> I have tried gcc
>
> gcc version 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)
>
> error
>
> printf?
>
> ncvarrename.c:155: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
> built-in function ?printf?
>
> ncvarrename.c:164: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
> built-in function ?printf?
>
> ncvarrename.c:180: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
> built-in function ?printf?
>
> ncvarrename.c:185: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of
> built-in function ?printf?
>
> gcc -g -O -I. -I/usr/local/include -o tbl2cdf tbl2cdf.c -L/usr/local/lib
> -lnetcdf -lm

There is no file named "ncvarrename.c" in the current netCDF source
distribution.  It looks like you are trying to
compile a file named "tbl2cdf.c".  There was a contributed program named
tbl2cdf from 1991 that used netCDF
version 2, but it was not developed or supported by Unidata.  I've looked at
the source for that program

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/tbl2cdf.c

and it doesn't seem to correspond to what you are trying to compile.  But you
might try to contact the author,
Chuck Denham (sorry, we don't have a current email address) to see if it's been
ported to a more up-to-date
version of netCDF.

If you're trying to convert a table of numbers to netCDF form, we don't have a
general tool, but I see there are
quite a few hits when searching "table to netCDF" with Google.

--Russ

Ticket ID: SUU-128916
Department: Support netCDF