Re: Seamap, groups and THREDDS

On 7/14/2011 8:43 AM, Charles Carleton wrote:

Here’s the NetCDF of the CDL I sent you yesterday.  THREDDS does produce a .dds for the file, but it seems to have repeated variable names rather than having those variables arranged in groups.  I presume they should be represented as some sort of OPeNDAP structure.

This is a rather idiosyncratic organization, it doesnt follow the CF discrete sampling spec, is it your intention to use that?

I would be more inclined to use Structures than Groups.

heres the final version of that convention:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/caron/public/CFch9-may10.pdf