[netCDF #KVV-602932]: installation problems

Greetings and good morning to you as well Maria!

> Good morning,
>
> I've been trying to install the netcdf libraries for some days, following
> the recommendations from your website and some forums.
>
> I'm using a Mac 64 bit machine, and I've tried different versions of
> the netcdf files, with similar results.
>
> I send you the outputs from running ./configure and the consecuent
> config.log from the netcdf beta version (4.1.3-rc1).
>
> I always get the same error (checking if Fortran "byte" is C "signed
> char". .. configure: error: Could not link conftestf.o and conftest.o),
> and following the instructions for similar cases just leads me to
> different errors. (doing FC=g95, export FC> configure:error:fortran
> could not compile f90 files)

Please give this a try:

lt_cv_ld_force_load=no CFLAGS="-arch x86_64" CXXFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
FCFLAGS="-m64" FFLAGS="=-m64"  ./configure --prefix=/home/mmartinc/local
--disable-netcdf-4

The lt_cv_ld_force_load=no will take care of a problem that you would have ran
into during `make` if you were able to get `configure` to run (it's an issue
with differences in `libtool` and `ld` on the Mac). The rest are compile flags
(assuming you want 64bit, otherwise change x96_64 to i386 and -m64 to -m32).

If this works for you, be sure to run `make check` after `make` to see if it
passes the tests.

Cheers!

Sean Arms

> Thank you in advance for any help...this is driving me crazy!
>
> Best regards
>
> Maria

Ticket ID: KVV-602932
Department: Support netCDF