[netCDF #BUN-523569]: netcdf 4.1.? compiling problems

> I'm having a lot of problem compiling netcdf, either 4.1.2 or 4.1.1. The
> 4.1.2 version does not recognise --with-hdf5 flag.
>
> I've tried to change compilers, playing with flags. But the results are
> all the same.
>
> I'm attaching log files.
>
> Many thanks
> Salvatore Cosseddu
>
> PhD student
> Centre for Scientific Compiting
> University of Warwick

The --with-hdf5 option has been removed, for reasons explained here:
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/jira/browse/NCF-20

If HDF5 is installed somewhere that the compiler won't be able to find it, set
CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS appropriately. For the new build instructions see here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_snapshot/netcdf-install.html#Quick-Instructions

We are about to do a new release with important bug fixes. You may wish to get
our daily snapshot instead of the 4.1.2 release:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: BUN-523569
Department: Support netCDF